Telecom efficiency at former mining site in Houthalen-Helchteren
At a former mining site in Houthalen-Helchteren, the New Administrative Centrum (NAC) can now be admired. All municipal services are housed there. Efficient communication was an urgent requirement there. And this has literally been built-in by Nextel in the new ecological space.
Ludo Dreesen, NAC system administrator: “The new construction work provided us with an ideal opportunity to upgrade all of the hardware and software for data and telephony. Nextel proposed a solution whereby all units could seamlessly communicate with each other via one data network: servers, switches, access points, computers, peripherals and telephony. With a link to the Vinkenhof retirement home. This is exactly what we were looking for.
- A powerful wireless network for a new administrative centre.
- Integration of Unified Communications.
- Ability to log in to the network from fifteen sites.
- Possibility for citizens to use the WiFi network.
- Defining a telecom solution that takes into account the Infrax infrastructure.
- Construction of 18 data rooms, 24 switches and 2000 connection ports, and 80 access points in a redundant configuration.
- Installation of Unify OpenScape Office with fixed and wireless devices for 400 users.
- Training and guidance from the start.
- Enhanced efficiency of the municipal services.
- Improved telephone welcome of citizens.
- Permanent availability of municipal services, also after office hours.
- Permanent availability of the important emergency numbers, also in the event of power failure.
READY FOR A STRONG PARTNER WHO SHARES YOUR THOUGHTS?
We are happy to share our thoughts regarding your ICT and security solutions
that provide true added value.